Monday, September 29, 2014

approximately equal progress on 3 projects

My current knitting projects have been in a weird state for the last few weeks.  They all ended up in time-out or on hold for various reasons at about the same time, and they're all now back into an active state.  I think I've spent an equal amount of time on all 3 of them over the last week, which is odd for me.  I usually like to have one main project to focus on and a few fallback projects.

I finished purple sock 1 of 2 on Saturday night, and I cast on the second sock on Sunday.

I decided I do like the cast-on for my colorful striped socks, so they've been living in my purse and getting worked on while I wait for various things, like dinner.

I came up with what I think is a brilliant time-saver for my sweater.  On the final purl row before separating the sleeves, I used the hole in my interchangeable needles to thread in a "life-line".  I then cut it in half (mid-back), removed it from the front/back sections, and left it just in the sleeve sections.  Ta-da!  The sleeves were all set on waste yarn with very little effort on my part.
Now that I've got a few rows of the body, I need to knit my sweater onto a longer cable tonight and try it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment